The SCOTT Spark 960 has a super-light Alloy frame, as well as a front and rear fork/shock lockout allowing for a more optimized ride. It's lightweight, durable, affordable and retains all the great geometry and ride of its Carbon cousins.
- The Spark down tube shock and linkage are clearly asymmetric, when looking from the top of the bike. Carbon fibers achieve their full potential when used in smooth straight lines. Off-setting the shock slightly to the left hand side of the bike gives a clean and continuous structure from the down tube through the shock mount to the main pivot.
TwinLoc Suspension System
- With TwinLoc, a rider can effectively control the complete frame, fork, and shock as a system. Why does this matter? A bike with 150mm of suspension travel, correctly set up, has more sag than a bike with 130mm. It's that extra travel that makes it more fun to ride and more capable on the descents, but the greater sag has an oversized effect on the bike's geometry and climbing performance. That's where TwinLoc matters.
- TwinLoc helps manage the sag effect in several ways. Whereas most systems only increase low-speed compression in an effort to gain pedaling efficiency, TwinLoc allows us to not only change compression damping, but also to change the spring curve, dynamically altering the geometry of the bike. In Trail mode, the shock is not only firmer, but it has dynamically less travel. The bike sits higher, maintains a steep seat angle for those climbs, and becomes more agile. We also offer a third, full lockout mode for going up in the most efficient manner possible.
- These unique settings optimize climbing geometry, even on longer travel bikes. We can eliminate the "long travel effect" that can rob your pedaling efficiency, but we're not robbing you of the full-fun, 150m travel when you point it downhill. From a race setting, to a lunch ride, to an after work trail shred, being able to switch from mode to mode depending on a trails profile at the push of a lever is paramount to riding faster and having a damned good time.
- Improved roll-over is the most noticeable attribute when it comes to 29” wheels. The big wheels are great for rolling over nasty roots and rocky sections, essentially making it easier to ride these conditions. Improved traction is also a key factor with the increased wheel diameter compared to 27.5” wheels as tire contact to the ground is larger.
- Best Roll-Over Performance
- Carries Momentum
- Maximum Traction surface
- Best stability on easy trails
- Lowest suspension stress
- Great for larger frame sizes
- Increase stability on long curve
- Spark Alloy SL Frame
- RockShox Judy 120mm Fork
- X-Fusion Nude, 120mm, TwinLoc
- SRAM SX Eagle 12 Speed
- Shimano Disc Brakes
- Syncros X-25 Rims
- Maxxis Rekon Tires
- Syncros Dropper Post and Parts
A dropper seatpost allows you to quickly lower and raise your seat to give you an ideal riding position. Dropping your seat creates a lower center of gravity for better control and maneuverability on steep descents, while raising it puts you at normal riding height for efficient pedaling.
Construction can include either hydraulic- or cable-actuated systems and the post’s travel can either be infinitely adjustable or stopped at set intervals, depending on the model.
Dropper seatposts come in standard lengths and diameters and vary by the amount of travel.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Spark 3 Alloy SL 6011, custom butted Hydroformed tubes, tapered Headtube / BB92, dropouts for 5 x 141mm, 2.6 tire compatible,|
|Fork||RockShox Judy Silver TK Solo Air, 15 x 110mm QR axle / Tapered Steerer / Reb. Adj., 2 Modes / Lockout / 120mm travel|
|Headset||Syncros OE Press Fit / Tapered 1.5"-1 1/8", OD 50/61mm / ID 44/55mm|
|Rear Shock||X-Fusion NUDE Trunnion, SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj., 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control -Descend, Reb. Adj., Travel 120-85-Lockout / 165 x 45mm,|
Front: 15 x 110mm QR axle
Rear: 12 x 148mm Boost axle
|Rims/Wheels||Syncros X-25 / 32H / 25mm|
Front: Formula CL811 / 15x110mm
Rear: Formula CL2241 / 5 x 141mm
|Spokes||Stainless Black 15G / 1.8mm|
|Tires||Maxxis Rekon / 2.4" / 60TPI|
|Crankset||SRAM SX Eagle DUB Boost|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB PF integrated / shell 41 x 92mm|
|Chain||SRAM CN SX Eagle|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM SX / Eagle 12-Speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM SX-PG1210 / 11-50t|
|Shifters||SRAM SX Eagle Trigger|
|Handlebars||Syncros Alloy 6061, T shape Flat / 9° / 740mm|
|Tape/Grips||Syncros Pro lock-on grips|
|Stem||Syncros Alloy 6061, oversized 31.8mm / 1 1/8" / 6° angle|
|Brakes||Shimano MT201 Disc, F&R 180mm SM-RT10 CL rotor|
|Saddle||Syncros Belcarra Regular 2.5|
|Seat Post||Syncros Duncan Dropper 2.5 Remote, 31.6mm / S size 100mm / M, L & XL 125mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Dark Grey/Orange / Small||192820160399||274636006||6126890|